Sonntag, 23. August 2009

This is it!

Well, I never thought I'd be doing this - but here it is: My first Blog ever!! (I'm so proud)

For anyone who's new, I'll just start with a short wrap-up:
About 6 months ago (to be a bit more concise: February 2009),
I finally decided to go abroad,to spend a semester studying information systems at Växjö University, Sweden.
I had a talk with students spending their winter semester there a year earlier and I also
talked to a professor of mine, which had also spent time there lecturing at university.

Well, apparently they must have left a good impression on me, here I am writing this blog with Sweden just two days away.

Why Sweden?
Why not? Not only is Sweden known for it's IKEA furniture and elk infestation,
Sweden also enjoys an excellent reputation for its education.
There's no tuition fee to pay and since I'll be taking part in the erasmus program,
I even get paid for leaving the country. ;)

Furthermore, I'm really interested in learning the Swedish language,
which isn't even a prerequisite, since every single person over there seems to
enjoy better education in that regard than we do over here (sorry Germany).

But liquor and beer seem to be really expensive over there!
Yeah, that's what everyone's telling me all the time, except for the people
which have been at Växjö campus last semester, surprisingly all that they
were talking about is how much beer they drank, on 4 days a week. :)

Why do you post your blogs in English?
Well, obviously to impress everybody with how elaborate my English writing actually is. :)
Nah, not really - I just thought it would be a really good practice and believe it or not,
I have relatives over in the states, they might want to read this blog now and then.

What's next?
Tomorrow's my last day here in Germany, so over the course of the next six months,
this is the place to go if you're actually interested enough to keep track of all the beautiful places and people I'll be going to see.

Departure will be 9 a.m. tomorrow morning, our first goal being the city of Copenhagen to stay in a hostel for the night.
I'll post some more pictures as I see fit, just keep coming people. :)

Good-bye Germany, I'll miss you guys!!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen